Have you seen the bathtub drain slowly? If water collects on your feet every time you shower, the drain is blocked. Removing the drain plug will help you better understand the cause of the problem.
It is also important to know how to remove the drain plug from the bathtub if the bathtub is not installed correctly. When the power is turned on, the contact surface that does not touch the bottom of the bathtub cannot hold water properly, making it difficult to wash.
Perhaps you can fix the problem and change the plug. The first step in figuring out how to remove the drain plug in your bathtub is to find out what type of connector you have.
Now that you know how to remove all types of drain plugs, it’s time to find out why draining is slow. After removing the tub plug, use a flashlight to inspect the drain.
Emptying the bathtub slowly can cause hair, soap, and other foreign matter to accumulate in the drain. If the barrier doesn’t fall too far and you’re brave enough, you can tear off the filter and remove it yourself.
Best Drain Extractors
If the tub is removed or replaced, or the drain fitting is severely corroded or leaked and needs to be replaced, the drain hole must be removed.
A drain pipe is a metal basket with a shelf or flange on top and a threaded body on the outside. Here are some best drain extractors to help you out in this process.
Pasco 4554 Smart Dumbell Heavy Duty Aluminum
Suitable for use with impact heads. Frameless motor with an adjustable brush for increased service life and durability. Reusable brush. Professional plumbers need products of professional quality. Since its inception, PASCO has been committed to providing this professional quality.
- Suitable for use with impact heads
- Frameless motor with an adjustable brush to increase service life and durability
- Reusable brush
- Suitable for all 17 modern bath waste configurations
- Installation and removal of drains in bathrooms and toilets
- Prevents scratching of decorative surfaces
Eastman 35233 Lift-n-Turn Bathtub Drain Assembly
The EZ-FLO bath unit for tank cleaning is made of high-quality brass for strength and durability and is an excellent accessory for installation or repair with a chrome finish.
This drainage device has a lift and turns mechanism, which is very convenient and easy to use. This product can be easily mounted on most bath drains and can be quickly installed by adjusting the hole in the brass bracket.
This drainage unit consists of 1-1/2″ 11.5″ coarse threads, 2-7/8″ OD body flanges, and 5/16″ thread washers.
- This drainage set features a 1-1/2″ x 11 5″ wide zinc body, OD 2-7/8″, 5/16 thread, and rubber seal.
- By lifting and turning to lift, you can manually tilt and slide to restrict the flow of drainage, release and lift the drainage flow one after the other.
- This drainage device is made of brass for strength and durability for long-term use.
- This drain is a good bath accessory or spare part design suitable for most drains.
Superior Tool 03825 Basin Buddy Faucet Nut Wrench
It is the Unique slits to secure the smooth locking wings designed drain extractor. Best for Bathtub.
- The universal tool is compatible with most metal locks, most lock nuts, most PVC locks, and most metal and plastic laundry.
- The cut-out design fits into the existing supply line to turn the nut.
- Remove the wing nut and it should be 1/2 inch. Cut around the valve stem to remove metal and plastic nuts.
- Use with 3/8” lock, adapter included
- Unique slits to secure the smooth locking wings
- General tools are suitable for metal nuts, compression nuts, PVC nuts, and most metal and plastic cleaning nuts.
PlumBest J40018R3 Extract-a-Drain Tub Extraction Tool
Jones Stephens was founded in 1993 and, with over 40 years of industry experience, has become a recognized designer, retailer, and value-added distributor in the United States.
Jones Stephen’s PlumBest products are used in renovations, renovations, and new constructions in the residential and commercial sectors.
- We also remove old or rusty drains, drains without crossbars.
- Suitable for drainage from 1-3/8″ to 1-1/2″
- The loop extends to the inner grip of the drain.
- Prevents damage to the bathtub surface
- The wrench is the only tool you need to get the job done.
Tub Drain Extractor by Husky
This VAT drain extractor removes a corroded crossbar drain. Discard the tool in the drain and turn the torque clockwise with a 1/2” wrench or wrench.
The patented design has a unique spiral shaft that fits into the drain and does not slip. Made of durable steel for long-term use, this tool is built to last and comes with the Husky Lifetime Warranty.
- Remove stubborn wastewater from the bath.
- A unique spiral handle fits drains and does not slip.
- Patented design
- Use with 1/2” latch or wrench
- A lifetime warranty applies. If your Husky product is broken, return it and we will replace it free of charge.
- It fits 1-3/4 “ID-1-9/16”. Bath drain
- Machine cutters from 1-3/4″hex to 1-1/2″.
Superior Tool Tub Drain Extractor 5255
If the crosshairs on the old bathtub drain are corroded or missing and the middle drain does not work, use a drain extractor to replace it. Remove stubborn sinks from 1-1 / 2-inch bathtubs.
Never again hit a hammer and hit an old drain to get into the blasted bathtub. This time-saving tool does all the work with a spiral knife.
- Remove stubborn drains in 1/2-inch bathtubs with broken or corroded intersections.
- You can get a 1/2″ latch” or use it with a 1-3/4″ wrench or an adjustable wrench.
- The patented tapered spiral handle fits into the drain and does not slip.
- Solid steel design with gold-plated sink
Expando Tub Drain Removal Tool
Expando Tub Drain Removal Tool Bathtub Wrench Ratchet Heavy Duty Hardened Steel. Equipment for treatment of bath drains Also removes broken 1.2 to 5-inch pipe nipples.
- Sure-Grip knurled handle
- Operating range: 1/2 to 5 inch IPS
- Quickly remove drain inserts and broken pipes.
Rectorseal 97258 Golden Extractor Tub Drain Tool
The Gold Extraction Tube Drainage Tool is a unique tool that makes it easy to remove old drains from your bathtub even if your crossword puzzle is broken or missing.
The patented design uses standard 3/8 drive locks to quickly and easily extract or install bath drains. Countertop drainage tools are made of solid steel and come in a variety of sizes.
- Remove drainage from the tank even when the crossbar is set
- Used to install new gutter
- Integrated screw/screw removal
- One size fits all
Armour Line Tub Drain Remover Wrench
This powerful tool works with a wrench to remove drains from your bathtub. Used with open or adjustable wrenches. Reversible dumbbell design. You can also place the driver blade in one of the keyholes for use in tight spaces.
- Won’t scratch the surface
- Also known as a dumbbell wrench
- Each end has a different drainage size.
- Rotate with an open key or adjustable key
- Solid structure
- Made of aluminum
HAUTMEC Tub Drain Remover Wrench PL0030
The drain pipe wrench is designed to install and remove most drains in bathtubs, showers, and toilets. The equipment has a lightweight and sturdy cast aluminum construction. You will need an adjustable wrench or screwdriver to use the tool.
- Used to install and remove double keys, bathtubs, showers, and most drains in the bathroom
- Use with a wrench for easy operation
- Or much easier with a screwdriver inserted in one of the two holes for optimal torque
- Heavy and lightweight aluminum cast
- Easy to use
If there is no crossbow in the drain, you will need a tool called a trash can. It has a conical shape and a spiral guide attached to a metal wall inside the drain pipe.
Turn the hood with an adjustable wrench and wrench. It is difficult to drain the wastewater from the bath due to corrosion, dirt, or hardening of pipe putty.
The heat will help loosen the old plumber’s putty. If the bathtub is very cold, blow hot air from a hot fan or hairdryer for a few minutes to loosen the putty and remove the drain.
A group of home improvement enthusiasts and bathroom design experts, combines in-depth knowledge and a shared passion to deliver engaging, informative content that guides readers through the world of bathroom innovation and style.